Oh no, there you go.
Yes the Chinese Goverment has banned the sale of Kinect. It comes as no real surprise as China’s Ministry of Culture edict, issued in 2000, prohibits the sale of video game equipment and accessories as it is but now its official according to Gamasutra
The Chinese gaming market is generally reduced to PC gaming but even Online games are strictly monitored before being allowed into the country. The guidelines for denying a game is based on this list;
• Violating basic principles of the Constitution
• Threatening national unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity
• Divulging state secrets
• Threatening state security
• Damaging the nation’s glory
• Disturbing social order
• Infringing on others’ legitimate rights
With the last one there, you‘ve just got to smile.